Audioengine A5+ Wireless Solid Carbonized Bamboo Details
Audioengine A5+ Wireless (Solid Carbonized Bamboo) Premium Powered Bookshelf Speakers: Quality! Simplicity! Value!
- 24-bit, aptX HD with 100+ ft wireless range
- Upgraded tweeter design
- Upgraded solid aluminum remote
- Upgraded speaker cables
- Updated driver/tweeter surround color
- Refined stereo imaging
- Tidal, Spotify, Pandora…all your favorite streaming apps play instantly and in high resolution
- Both of A5+ Wireless speaker drivers are directly magnetically-shielded
The new Audioengine A5+ Wireless is the 3rd generation of the A5 legacy, spanning over 13 years, and delivers the powerful audio performance, aesthetic quality, and wireless functionality that Audioengine is well known for.
The signature Audioengine look and sound of the best-selling A5+ has now been upgraded with Bluetooth aptX-HD, allowing you to stream 24-bit high resolution audio over Bluetooth with extended range! Audioengine continues to use class A/B custom analog amps in all of their powered speakers, along with custom silk tweeters, kevlar drivers, and hand built and finished wood cabinets. This attention to detail is what separates Audioengine from all the mass produced, plastic speakers on the market today.
Small Speakers Big Sound: Fills Any Room
Ensuring that you receive clear, full and powerful audio, the A5+ Wireless Speakers are constructed with custom Audioengine components: Kevlar woofers, silk tweeters, high-fidelity Bluetooth aptX-HD, and built-in power amps wrapped in hand-built wood cabinets with furniture-grade finish. Perfect for any size space.
Setup In Seconds: Simple. No Hassle. Easy To Use.
The A5+ Wireless Speakers are small bookshelf speakers packing a big sound that fills any room. There is no network to setup, passwords to create, buttons to push, and inputs are always ready to go. Keep your music fun and easy.
Go Old School, Analog, Baby!
Traditionally, analog amps are found in only high end systems, but Audioengine speakers, at a fraction of the price, are special… Their class A/B analog amps sound incredible compared to cheaper digital amps found in other mass-produced brands, including Sonos, Bose, Klipsch. Set your system apart with a high performance, retro style.
Audioengine designs and manufactures their own speaker drivers and other critical components. In other words, A5+ Wireless is not a “box-built” system with off-the-shelf parts, but includes custom-designed components constructed to the specifications. What Audioengine does not fabricate directly inside their factories they have made to their specific designs – parts such as circuit boards, transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example.
Efficient Integrated Design
The speaker cabinets, drivers, innovative bass port designs, amplifiers, and passive crossovers are all critically tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires less power than passive speakers and a separate integrated amplifier or similar A/V components. All this goodness is built into the left speaker cabinet to make it super-easy to connect your smartphone, tablet, computer, TV, network player – or any other audio product.
Built-In B1 and D1
Audioengine has taken features from two of their best-selling products, the B1 aptX® Bluetooth® Receiver and the D1 24-bit DAC, and combined some of this circuitry with advanced speaker components to achieve a complete high-end analog and digital audio system.
High-Quality Bluetooth Audio
The Bluetooth built into the A5+ Wireless powered speakers features aptX coding which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec with very impressive sound. And even if your phone or tablet doesn’t have aptX, the A5+ Wireless Bluetooth solution is backwards-compatible with SBC and AAC codecs, so you can wirelessly stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device and still enjoy all your music. High-fidelity Bluetooth aptX that really works and sounds great. Here’s why:
Extended wireless range – Most Bluetooth implementations have very limited range, typically within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, A5+ Wireless offers a superior solution that has up to 3 times the range of standard Bluetooth for multi-room use, with no degradation in audio quality.
24-bit DAC – A5+ Wireless’s Bluetooth receiver input utilizes the AKM AK4396A DAC, widely known for its low-noise and high-fidelity. The AK4396A is used as an upsampling DAC and will pad all bit depths to 24-bits, achieving a higher signal-to-noise ratio and lower noise floor. Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the AK4396A, the fact that digital signal is upsampled to 24-bits – as well as the added benefit of onboard triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering – the A5+ Wireless Bluetooth implementation presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over other Bluetooth devices.
The amplifiers in powered Audioengine speakers are located in the left speaker and are a conservatively-rated class A/B analog monoblock design. This is a more traditional speaker/amplifier marriage which provides excellent quality audio and greater flexibility. All circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection.
Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The A5+ Wireless woofers are housed in cast aluminum frames which provide high rigidity and increased heat dispersion.
Power transformers are critical to to high-quality audio performance, especially in the low-end and again, no off-the-shelf parts. Audioengine uses gapless core toroidal transformers which have a tighter radiated magnetic field, translating to lower noise. They are lighter than standard, lower-cost “EI” transformers and also generate less heat.
|Name||Audioengine A5+ Wireless Solid Carbonized Bamboo|
|Sub Title||Premium Wireless Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Speaker type: 2.0 powered bookshelf-style speaker system featuring Bluetooth wireless
- Power output: 150W peak power total (50W RMS, 75W peak per channel)
- Inputs: 3.5 mm mini-jack, RCA L/R, Bluetooth aptX
- Outputs: Variable line-out w/2.0V RMS max output, 47ohm output impedance
- Input voltages: 115/240V, 50/60Hz manually-switchable
- Amplifier type: Analog dual-class A/B monolithic
- Drivers: 5″ Kevlar woofers, 3/4″ silk dome tweeters
- SNR: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: -50dB
- Frequency response: 50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB
- Analog input impedance: 48Kohms unbalanced (mini-jack and RCA inputs)
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external main fuse
- Power Consumption:
- Idle: 10W
- Mute: 6W
- Sleep: 4W
- Internal D/A converter: AKM AK4396
- Input bit depth: 24-bits upsampled
- Bluetooth receiver type: Bluetooth 4.0 audio
- Supported codecs: aptX, AAC, SBC
- Wireless operation range: Up to 100ft (30m) typical
- Input data rate: Determined by Bluetooth
- Wireless latency: ~30 milliseconds (ms)
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
- Dimensions (each speaker HWD):
- Left – 10.75" (27cm) x 7" (18cm) x 9" (23cm)
- Right – 10.75" (27cm) x 7" (18cm) x 7.75" (20cm)
- Weight (LEFT speaker): 15.4 lbs (7 kg)
- Weight (RIGHT speaker): 9.6 lbs (4.4 kg)
- Shipping weight: 31 lbs (14 kg)
- Shipping box dims: 15″ (38cm) x 22″ (56cm) x 11.5″ (29cm)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95°F
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
- 1/2" (13mm) thick MDF cabinets
- 5" (130mm) Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- 3/4" (20mm) silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- Toroidal power transformer