Audioengine A2+ Red Limited Edition Details
- Limited Edition RED version; supplies are limited, so buy today!
- Built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC) to greatly improve sound quality (TI Burr-Brown PCM2704)
- New USB input and subwoofer output
- Advanced tweeters, Kevlar woofers, high-performance amps and gold-plated speaker terminals
- All cables are included!
"Sure I could go out and buy a dedicated DAC, a dedicated amp, and some great speakers, but when you’ve got three monitors, a full tower PC, and a ton of stuff already hanging out on your desk, do you really need to add more? On the same token, do you really want to spend the extra money on an amp and a DAC for an almost indiscernible amount of difference in audio quality? With the A2+, Audioengine makes everything a simple, one piece, plug and play package… You get a stylish modern design, standard RCA, 3.5mm or USB inputs, and audio quality that could easily compete with speaker setups two, three, four, or five times its price tag. Highly recommended!"
— Sam Chen, Custom PC Review
An upgraded version of the award-winning and immensely popular Audioengine 2 (A2), the new Audioengine 2+ offers a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC), which allows you to send high-quality digital audio direct from your computer’s USB port. There’s a new output to connect a subwoofer and you can even go wireless with the optional Audioengine W3 adapter. The A2+ is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iDevice.
Upgrade your audio
The A2+ is the new standard for computer audio and these small, but high-performance speakers are the perfect upgrade for your computer. Everyone knows the difference between custom-built, small batch products and the disappointment of mass-produced and over-marketed products. The A2+ was designed and hand-built with the goal of exceeding expectations of both value and performance.
Flagship engineering and performance in a more compact package
The Audioengine 2+ is about one-third the size of our flagship Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and an ideal size for your desktop or smaller room. Audioengine used the same custom tweeters as in the Audioengine 5+, matched them with compact Kevlar woofers, then added high-performance amplifiers with high-quality connectors. All this great engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
Smaller speakers, big bass
To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2+ is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you be the judge. The bass is created from the A2+ with some clever acoustic and electrical design without any digital signal processing or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front-port slots.
Versatile and efficient
The A2+ was designed for your desktop, but their superb soundstage and imaging also makes them the perfect choice for across the room. Well-suited for all your music, movies and games, the A2+ sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar analog design as the Audioengine 5+, the A2+ power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker providing a very efficient system. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
The A2+ features analog amplifiers that are built into the left speaker, while the right speaker is passive so setup is simple. Just plug the left speaker into AC power and connect the included speaker wire from left to right. We’ve included minijack, RCA, and USB inputs for easy connection to your computer or iDevice and other cables you may need are included. There is no software or plug-ins to install and A2+ works with any computer or music player. The A2+ also has a variable RCA output for connecting a subwoofer, upgraded connectors, improved accessory cables, and a redesigned power supply.
|Name||Audioengine A2+ Red Limited Edition|
|Sub Title||Powered Desktop Speakers (Pair) with Built-In DAC|
|Special price displayed in cart only||N/A|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) multimedia desktop speaker system
- Amplifier type: dual class AB monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS / 30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4” silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, RCA, USB
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out
- Input voltages: 110-240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: -50dB
- Frequency response: 65Hz-22kHz ±2.0dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- DAC: TI/Burr Brown PCM2704C
- Input bit depth: up to 16 bits native
- Input sample rate: up to 48KHz native
- USB device class: type 1.1 or above
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Dimensions (each - H x W x D): 6" x 7" x 15"
- Materials & construction: 6.35mm thick MDF cabinets
3/4" silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
2.75" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- What's in the Box
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- Power supply
- AC power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Microfiber cable bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure