Marantz PM6006 Details
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 45W / 8 ohm rms
- Further sound tuned with carefully selected components
- Digital inputs (2x opt. / 1x coax.)
- High quality DAC CS4398 and Marantz HDAM SA2
- Fully shielded DAC unit; copper screws; rigid feet
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
- High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Available in black
The PM6006 is an upgraded successor of the PM6005. The pre-amp and power-amp sections have been retained which exclusively feature discrete components - not a single IC in sight of the signal path. The PM6006 is upgraded for peak current at the amplifier stage, which makes it possible to refine the sound for in much more detail.
This superb integrated amplifier could be connected directly to a vast range of digital sources and use its superior 24bit/192kHz high current CS4398 DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment with new media. The unit now features 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs (an additional optical input from the predecessor, PM6005), and the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
All of the original features like five-line audio input including phono, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring, and a remote handset- are all still there. The lower impedance shielded Toroidal transformer, as well as customized components and unique Marantz HDAM modules care for powerful, dynamic and detailed original Marantz sound. Overall, the new PM6006 is a new star with excellent genes.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz developed different types of the HDAM to improve quality and to fit to the special requirements of a product category like CD or amplifier.
The Current Feedback amplifier technology provides wide-bandwidth and high-speed sound reproduction. Combined with the Toroidal Transformer, the PM6006’s amplifier holds a massive energy reserve to drive even demanding speakers with absolute ease.
A Toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient and therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. Additionally, because of its shape, the electromagnetic radiation and the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
High Current Power Supply
The power supply has high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes and high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion for Digital Input
The PM6006 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types.
Expanded Connectivity for Digital Inputs (2 Optical, 1 Coax) with Hi-res Audio Support
It features 1 Coax digital and 2 Optical digital inputs to connect digital devices and play back Hi-res Audio (up to 192kHz/24bit PCM) through the PM6006’s advanced audio circuitry. And the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
|Sub Title||Integrated Amplifier with digital input|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Channels : 2
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Phono EQ: Standard : Yes
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial : Yes / Yes
- DAC chip : CS4398
- HDAM version : SA3, SA2
- Toroidal Transformer : Yes
- High Grade Audio Components : Yes
- Customized Components: Yes
- Aluminium extrusion heat sink: Yes
- Balance / Bass / Treble / Loudness : Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Linear Drive Power Supply: Yes
- Shottky diodes : Yes
- Copper Plated Screws : Yes
- Standby Mode : Yes
- Audio Inputs : 5
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / Yes
- Phono Input: MM : Yes
- Audio Outputs: 1
- Gold Plated Cinch : Yes
- Speaker A / B : Yes
- Speaker Terminals: Metal (Gold) Screw
- Number of terminals : 4
- D-Bus : Yes
- Headphone Out : Yes
- Headphone Volume Control : Yes
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 45 W / 60 W
- Frequency response : 10 Hz - 70 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion : 0.08 %
- Damping Factor : 100
- Input Sensitivity : MM 2.2 mV / 47 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio : MM 83 dB
- Input Sensitivity : High Level 200 mV / 20 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: High Level 102dB (2V input)
- Available color: Black: Yes
- Metal Front Panel : Yes
- Power Consumption: 395 W
- Standby Consumption : 0.3 W
- Auto Power off : Yes
- Detachable Power Cable : Yes
- Remote Control : RC003PMCD
- System Remote Function : Yes
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) : 17.3 x 14.6 x 4.1
- Weight : 17.2 lbs