Hegel C53 Details
C53: C5 Series 3-Channel Power Amplifier
- 3 x 150 watts
- DualAmp Technology
- DualPower power supplies
- Organic Sound
- SoundEngine local error cancelling system
A multi channel amplifier designed for sound performance... not priced like diamonds. And still tailored to your needs.
The Hegel C5 series: 3, 4 or 5 channel power amplifiers are rack mountable, configurable, specified to your needs and will - most importantly - blow you away with their sound performance. Up to 5 channels of 150w/pc analog amplifier power, with enough Ooomph to boogie with almost any loudspeaker on the market. Meet the Hegel C5 series.
The C5 is available in 3 different versions, tailored to your needs. You can choose to have it as either a 3-channel, 4-channel or 5-channel configuration. Meaning you can build a 5.1 or Atmos theater using one or more C5’s. Perhaps you want to bi-amp speakers or use active cross overs? You could also use it to power multiple speakers in a mastering studio, in a restaurant or in a home. In short, wherever you need high performance sound with dynamics and ultra low distortion.
As flexible as it is, the C5-series of amplifiers still maintains the full Hegel Sound. C5 uses the patented SoundEngine2 technology with its many benefits. One of them is the possibility to run low bias, meaning the high power class A/B amplifier do not run as warm as normal, allowing you to install it in a 19" rack. Another benefit of the SoundEngine2 is the very high damping factor (more than 2000). Higher damping factor means deep, deep bass and complete control of the bass drivers. It is one of the reasons people are talking about the dynamic Hegel sound. Yet the most important is its low distortion. Hegel’s patented SoundEngine2 amplifiers work almost like a noise cancelling headphone. All distortion elements created within the amplifier circuits are dynamically cancelled out, by being played back in negative phase. So no matter how you choose to configure, the C5-Series will deliver a spectacular soundstage. Never hard or unpleasant. Always natural, smooth and with incredible dynamics.
Versatility stretches further than the number of audio channels and ways to use. The ability to switch phase individually for each channel or selecting between different gain settings for each channel makes it so much easier to integrate in a larger system. The trigger input and output (allows daisy chaining) means you can place it in a separate room and never worry about switching it on or off. The C55 is 3u tall, with massive rackmount ears that are an integrated part of the amplifier shell. When installed in a rack, we recommend 1u spacing on top and bottom. There are also adjustable and detachable rear mount ears. If you do not choose to install it in a rack, feet are supplied in the accessory box. Meaning, the C5-series can fit in any application.
|Sub Title||3-Channel Power Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Output power: 3 x 150 watts in 8 ohms
- Miniumum load: 2 ohms
- Analog Inputs: 3 balanced (XLR), 3 unbalanced (RCA)
- Control Inputs: 1*mini-jack 5-12V trigger
- Control Outputs: 1*mini-jack 11,9V trigger out
- Gain control: Switchable between 23dB or 29dB (individual)
- Phase control: Switchable 1/180 (individual)
- Frequency response: 5Hz-100kHz
- Signal to noise ratio: More than 100dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01 % at 100W 8 ohms 1kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01 % (19kHz + 20kHz)
- Damping factor: More than 2000 (main power output stage)
- Net Weight US: 61 lbs
- Gross Weight US: 75 lbs
- Dimensions note: For precise installation dimensions, refer to user manual
- Dimensions US: B*H*D incl handles, ex feet: 18.97in*5.2in*20.47in
- Special features: Balanced and unbalanced inputs, Trigger in/out, Modular design, Adjustable rear rack mount, Gain & Phase selectors