This is a full-time salary plus commission position located in Denver. The successful applicant will manage, design, and implement electronics systems by leading a diverse team of installation technicians and sales personnel. Reports to the branch manager and technical services manager. This individual should be a mentor, manager, and leader of a small to medium sized team.
Individuals on the team will vary from highly experienced professionals to entry level. This position requires teamwork and coordination with the branch manager to lead and mentor both sales and technical personnel. Intimate familiarity with contemporary residential and commercial audio/video and integration technologies is critical.
As a Mentor, this individual must:
○ Identify industry best practices and inspire the team to support them whenever possible. This individual will also work as part of a larger ListenUp team to develop new processes and procedures.
○ Set expectations for standards, quality, and metrics within the local team.
○ Ensure that all ListenUp organizational attributes are known and embraced by the local team.
○ Provide on going training and example setting for direct reports, recognizing that knowledge is the most powerful in the hands of a team.
As a Manager / Developing People:
○ Manage people and work within ListenUp policies and procedures. At ListenUp we believe the development of team dynamics is critical to individual and organizational success. A core objective of this role will be to allow certain operational freedoms that do not extend past the boundaries of the organization’s policies and procedures.
○ In addition to the mentoring portion, this individual must understand each individual’s strengths and weaknesses and structure work/teams to optimize output and personal growth while reducing company risk.
○ Facilitate sales staff with design best practices, documentation, and the delivery of technical know-how to potential and existing clients.
○ Establish a culture of world-class customer service by leading the way in personal client service by utilizing CRM technologies. A successful candidate will be proactive in addressing client needs and constantly seek new and more efficient methods to achieve this goal.
○ Utilization of project management and team leadership skills such as scope management, budgeting, client reporting, subcontractor and 3rd party coordination, scheduling and task definement, and operational efficiencies will be expected.
As a Leader:
○ Participate in cross team and cross business unit brainstorming.
○ Build relationships with peers and managers in other organizational units.
○ Be a vocal contributor to the technical direction and decision making of the broader ListenUp technical team.
As an Individual Contributor:
○ Implement efficient scheduling practices of team members to fulfill any current and forecasted installation and design commitments made by the sales team.
○ Participate in the sales process and assist all sales team members with the appropriate level of technical and sales guidance. This requirement will range from high level technical support up to and/or including the mentorship of junior sales personnel to ensure each client receives an equal level of system design and customer service.
○ The system engineering component of this role, requires the ability to implement and document advanced level electronic system solutions with little to no external assistance. Working knowledge or the capacity to develop working knowledge with software platforms such as Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, SCPS, and Google Apps will be required.
○ Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn the proper implementation of hardware platforms such as, Control4, Crestron, Savant, Lutron, and other industry leading product lines. The mentoring component of this role requires the desire to share and develop this knowledge in sales and technical team members.
○ This person must be able to “jump-in” and contribute to any activities that are deemed mission critical for the continued success of the greater ListenUp organization.
Necessary skills and experience:
○ Great communication skills, both spoken and written
○ Good management skills including track record of managing technical and sales employees
○ Great technical skills, including hands on installation and programming experience
○ Solid track record of successfully designing projects in both residential and commercial markets
○ CEDIA, InfoComm, and relative industry certifications are highly desirable
○ 6 – 8 years experience in the CEDIA and/or InfoComm channels / Consumer Electronics Industry
○ 3 – 6 years of project management and sales experience
○ 3 – 6 years of custom electronic systems design and engineering experience